Ahhhhh, beneficial side-effects: one of my favorite things about healing your gut and going "the natural route" when it comes to managing anxiety and getting our body back into the flow of feeling better.
What do we mean by beneficial-side effects?
Well, we're talking about the GOOD things that happen in addition to the actual desired result you were looking for by taking something. The added perks, if you will.
• If you start taking our probiotic in search of a mood boost, but along the way you notice less belly-bloating and you might even drop a few pounds.
• Or, if you take our Mood Boosting Probiotic to sort out your digestive issues, but you also begin to experience anxiety relief.
• Or, you take our probiotic for some assistance with your case of SAD during the winter months, and you notice your immune system is working better than ever!
There are a number of reasons to take a probiotics and the list of beneficial side-effects is just as long!
In fact, I've had plenty of my "healthy" friends tell me they don't take any supplements... besides a probiotic, because there are just too many perks to taking one.
If you go the mainstream route for anxiety or mood issues, you will find yourself with a slew of side-effects that are nowhere NEAR beneficial.
We are not saying you should not take these, but we are saying you should be quite aware of the side-effects involved with antidepressant and anti-anxiety medications. Such as:
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty thinking or remembering
- Problems with coordination
- Nausea and vomiting
- Weight gain
- Sexual problems
- Thoughts about suicide or dying
- Attempts to commit suicide
- New or worsening depression
- New or worsening anxiety
- Feeling very agitated or restless
- Panic attacks
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- New or worsening irritability
- Acting aggressively, being angry, or violent
- Acting on dangerous impulses
- An extreme increase in activity and talking (mania)
- Other unusual changes in behavior or mood
So, if you hear us talking about beneficial side-effects, now you know why. And when it comes to feeling better naturally, we've found the GUT and our Mood Boosting Probiotic to be an excellent place to start.
Sylvia | Cofounder of LIFTED